Posted on February 08 2017
Hey MFP lovers!
It's time for our January portion of Q&A. This time on our spotlight is the Milan-based fashion stylist, Serena Belcastro. Besides her daily work, the ''too cool for school'' Lisbon (that's her Coppola-inspired nickname), she also is a street style photographer, a Metal Magazine contributor, a night-time party girl and a full-time perfume and scents connoisseur. Serena has recently finished working on the 10th edition of the Italian X Factor as a Stylist and Costume Designer assistant. In the past, she also worked with Nike, American Apparel, Guess, Asos, Philip Plein and Dazed & Confused. Not only brilliant in everything she does, but a great person and friend too.
PS: she also a pretty cool Instagram feed, we are obsessed with it. Follow her @serenalisbon
Time to get to know her better!
- Name: Serena
- Nickname: Lisbon
- Surname: Belcastro
- Living in: Milan
- Would like to live: in LA or Paris
- Day job: Stylist, photographer, I write sometimes
- ‘After job’ interests: Clubber, networker, perfume lover
- Is there any logic in art? Yes, it’s a logical path leading to freedom of expression
- Is there any art in logic? Creative thinking and logic go hand in hand
- Are you team tattoos or team piercing (or none)? Tattoos
- What was your best “hair-style moment”? My hair-style is always more or less the same, I just change my hair color sometimes: I’ve been a brunette, a redhead, but blonde is definitely more me.
- Define ‘cool’: Chloe Sevigny
- Define ‘punk’: Careless straightforwardness
- Define ‘pop’: Loud boldness
- Define ‘luxury’: Having time to travel and enjoy peaceful moments
- Define ‘sexy’: Animal magnetism dressed up with irony
- Define ‘jewellery’: Iconic and classic with a twist
- Tell us what makes you excited: My job, the seaside, traveling, the warm weather, a beautiful picture and irony.
- One song you would never listen to with others: I love listening to embarrassing songs with friends, so none.
- Yesterday, Today or Tomorrow? Today through yesterday’s lens, always looking forward to tomorrow.
- Yes or No? Yes!